Sunday, July 13, 2008

Dunes de Merzouga


Dunes de Merzouga
Originally uploaded by Alexbip

I have become hawkishly aware of shifts in my being. With each shade of alteration I eagerly wonder if I am headed toward healing, or if the shift is merely a shift.

It seems stupid to look for meaning in every little change, but I look for meaning in every little change.

One thing persists: Anxiety is the enduring landscape of my current life.

"It is not very easy to take pictures of dunes, especially under a very strong light."--
Alexbip, the photographer of this beautiful picture.

1 comment:

Emily A. said...

I am glad you have pinned down the anxiety so you know that it is there. I think it is true that oftentimes people who have high anxiety don't know how much it effects them from day to day. I certainly didn't until I started to unravel and lose it while in school. I feel so blessed that a combination of things happened so I could soften the effects of it day to day. I learned to adapt...and I had miracles happen in my life. I think one of the biggest helps for me was taking control of things I could control and doing the things I knew I wanted to do. I started taking out loans to pay for school, I bought a bike, and I let go of some of my former internal "rules" for myself. As I released control over things that were causing anxiety, I felt better over time.

I hope and pray you will find the solutions that will work for you. I love you very much.