Thursday, December 18, 2008


fairies kites
Originally uploaded by aussiegall

This time around, I will say "no" more often.

"No. I'm not going."
"No. It's too much for me."
"No. I can't. I simply can't."

I plan to say I'm sorry, too.
But only when I really am sorry.
And only when there is something to be sorry about.

I need not apologize for being ill, for taking care of myself.

I fear that if I get too tethered this next time around, it will be the end of me. As frazzled as I may be and as flitty the flight, I must fly from now on. I must.

I must.

A thank you to aussiegall for sharing this perfect photo on flickr.

3 comments:

Kelli said...

sounds good to me! for all of us!

Putz said...

hey that was a real poem, did you notice the symitry that you just said...oh meryy christmas and i know it is not generically ok to say it that way...i love you

Unknown said...

That's a good series of thoughts... some things I also need to ponder.