Friday, August 29, 2008

Beginning to Bloom?


Tomorrow
Originally uploaded by love_child_kyoto

Like any illness, depression (whether unipolar or bipolar) heals incrementally, and improvement is measured in small triumphs. When you have a bad case of the flu, you are encouraged when the day comes that you are able--finally--to sip a cup of broth and not have it come back up again, to speak without your throat burning, to simply move about the room unattended.

I had a few small triumphs yesterday. I took a ride in the car. I entered a restaurant and ordered and paid for food. I went grocery shopping (to two stores!) with my husband. Like with any illness, I need to be cautious not to "overdo" and suffer a relapse of symptoms. But I do have hope. And I still feel well today (although I am not ready for any more such adventures for a while).

I believe that this third antidepressant may be helping. I have no doubt that calling upon our Father is helping, as well. Thank you to those who love me for your prayers in my behalf. I have hope--albeit a cautious one-- that I am beginning to open again.


(Click on the photo for credits.)

No comments: