Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Barely Afloat Today


Anti-theft protected
Originally uploaded by aremac

I wrapped a gift this morning for a friend whose husband and daughter were recently killed in an automobile accident. I made a phone call to arrange a visit today to a very close friend whose daughter, last January, was murdered before her eyes. And then I got the news that my widowed mother's much-adored cat had to be put to sleep this morning, and I am submerged in a flood of grief and tears.

I will not be visiting anyone. Those chains that hold me afloat--my knowledge of the plan of salvation--will keep me from complete submersion. But I cannot carry cargo. I just can't.

I hope, particularly if you are one of those I need to visit, that seeing this picture will help you to understand my stillness. I truly have as much love for others as ever I have. But to convey anything has become near to impossible for now.

(Click on the picture for photo credits.)

1 comment:

Emily A. said...

I relate to your situation. I've been there before, many times. I love you and I know you can get through it. The over-intensity of grief and sorrow will subside eventually, and you will be grateful you went through the experience. When I went through it at school, I realized how much I learned about myself and life during that process. Thats why I am the way I am today. Much healthier emotionally and mentally. Just keep carrying on and know that we are here to support you.