Wednesday, April 23, 2008

On Being


One of the great comments I gleaned from my time at Alanon was this one: "You are made to be a human being, not a human doing." Great truth for one who feels she is never doing enough. How I appreciated this post today at Mind, Soul, and Body. It reminded me again that what I am becoming is the true measure of my progress. I can day by day become more like my beloved Savior under any conditions, even when I am not doing what most everybody else is doing. Even if I am a little "tetched," as they say.

On that note, I also watched again the movie "Miss Potter" yesterday. I love that story. I love that she was, well, pixilated, yet so endearing. The movie is a love story, but the love story which most moved me was that of Beatrix Potter's love of the land. I long for the life that she lived in the end, among the glorious beauties of nature, not devoid of loved ones, but with much of solitude and time for her art. I hope that is what awaits me, if not here, then in the next world. That is my idea of heaven.

Thank you to this site for the image of my favorite scene from the movie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you enjoyed the post. Thanks for the kind words. You have a great blog here. It is good to have some of us putting ourselves out there to let other LDS with mental illness know they are not alone. Thanks.