Friday, May 9, 2008

Love and a Lily

I went downstairs last night after having evening bedside prayer with my husband and saw on my table a gorgeous pink lily plant. Just seeing it touched me deeply, as I was greatly surprised, having not heard anyone come by. In those few moments I was upstairs, our daughter had answered the door to our kind bishop who had come by to deliver the plant and a note addressed to me. It read: "Thank you for holding down the fort and allowing your husband to serve! Happy Mother's Day."

I wept. Our dear bishop has not put any pressure on me whatsoever to be or do anything, he just loves and accepts--and trusts-- me. That is exactly what I need right now: love without qualifiers. That is what I feel from the Lord. That is what I feel from choice individuals who are in tune with His Spirit, like this wonderful man.

Thank you to this photographer for the picture.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

bishops have so much on their plates, for him to be so intune, shows how great of a man he is, that he WAS called as a bishop (just for you) and that HF is so intune to your needs right now. What a wonderful man. Thanks for sharing, lilies are beautiful

Emily A. said...

Your bishop rocks. And the flowers are beautiful. And you are beautiful too. and a wonderful grandmother and mom.